155 years ago today - Jan 29, 1860

[Orson Pratt] At the time I expressed these views, I did most sincerely believe that they were in accordance with the word of God. I did most sincerely suppose that I was justifying the truth. But I have since learned from my brethren that some of the doctrines I had advanced in The Seer at Washington were incorrect. Naturally being of a stubborn disposition and having a kind of self-will about me; and moreover supposing really and sincerely that I did understand what true doctrine was in relation to those points, I did not feel to yield to the judgment of my brethren, but believed they were in error.

I do not know that I shall be able to carry out these views; but these are my present determinations. I pray that I may have the grace and strength to perform this. I feel exceedingly weak in regard to these matters.

[Source: Deseret News; Orson Pratt; July 25, 1860. (See also Feb 22, 1860 and Jan 29, 1860 as quoted in Quotations Dealing with the Relationship of Our First Earthy Parents to Our Heavenly Parents (1830-1978)]

No comments:

Post a Comment