155 years ago today - Jan 22, 1860

President Young said that all the world would have been warned long ago in our day if all the world had been as faithful in warning his Neighbor as He & many of the Elders of this Church. When going to Zion in 1834 Joseph reproved the Camp while Standing upon a waggon wheel. I said I had done the best I Could & Could not Better it if I was to try it again. H. C. Kimball said the same. They said they had been in the Church nearly half of his life. (I WW have been in the Church more than half of my life.)

I remarked that it was an interesting time to live to see the fulfillment of the [ ]. President Young said it was an inte[resting?] time. H. C Kimball said we should see it Just as well if Dead as if alive.

President Young said while we are in the flesh, we have to Contend against evil spirits and Devils in a way which will be hid from us in the Spirit World.

... What is spoken in a prayer Circle should never be Named out of the Circle not [to] a wife or any body Els. If there is any thing to be said I will say it. I Could preach all about the Endowments in Public and the world know Nothing about it. I Could preach all about Masonry & None but a mason know any thing about it. And the mane part of Masonry is to keep a secret. ...

[Source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment