170 years ago today - Nov 1, 1844

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff] I had a peculiar dream last night one that is unutterable & Cannot be written for I cannot comprehend it all myself. I was called to hold the keys of the kingdom of God in all the world with the quorum of the Twelve & traveld with them over much of the world, & finally traveld through many countries alone & when I got through I saw many things I cannot write but in the end Br Joseph Smith Assisted me to come into the place whare he was and Pointed out my work, portion, & labour. I immediately entered into the duties assigned me.

I also had another dream. Was in the Presence of Br Joseph Smith. Was conversing about his death. Told him I felt bad about it & If I had known he would have been taken away so soon I should have conversed more with him & asked him more questions. Said it was not his fault that I did not. Speaking of my work & duties said I had better get a dozen to help me.

[Source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment