170 years ago today - Oct 4, 1844

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff] I rode on to Simsbury & stoped at Aunt Cossetts. She was deranged I lade hands upon her and rebuked the Spirit by which she was bound & she immediately seemed to be some better. ...

I retired to rest and had the following dream: I thought their was A large building standing in Nauvoo Joining my house. Appeared to be filled with lumber and many men to work in it. I saw the foundation of it begin to give way. I run in to warn the people to leave it but it fell with a mighty crash while I was in it. I narrowly escaped being killed, but got out without injury. I then saw my own dwelling brick house in Nauvoo the foundation of it to give way. I went into that to warn my family to leave it but it fell with us in it but I got out & my wife with her child in her arms all safe. The interpetation I shall understand before many days.

[Source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment