65 years ago today - Jul 8, 1949

[George Albert Smith] At ten o'clock President Clark, President McKay and I drove to the 'This Is the Place' Monument where we were joined by Governor J. Bracken Lee, Orval Adams, and John D. Giles. My Counselors and I arrived at the Monument five minutes or so ahead of time and spent this period in looking around the Monument for a short time; as I was going around the south end of the Monument, the care taker turned on the sprinkling system, and I was completely drenched by a large sprinkler head near the edge of the grass. It was a warm day, however, and my clothing soon dried out.

[Source: George Albert Smith Diary, as quoted in Minutes of the Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1910-1951, Privately Published, Salt Lake City, Utah 2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment